October 5, 2015 10:04 AM Age: 6 yrs
ALLSTATE ACHIEVES KEY LONG-TERM SOCIAL IMPACT AND SUSTAINABILITY GOALS
Category: AC - Billboard, AC RSS Feeds, AC Whats New, Featured Sustainability Reports, UK Sustainability Reporting, CSR News
New 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report details successes over past year in energy reduction, innovative business practices and progress on social issues
NORTHBROOK, Ill., Oct. 1, 2015 – Allstate today released its 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report, highlighting key milestones in the company’s ongoing commitment to address some of society’s most challenging issues, including domestic violence, safe teen driving and environmental sustainability.
At the heart of Allstate’s success is the strong participation of the company’s 10,000 agency owners and more than 30,000 employees in local volunteer efforts to strengthen communities and help people live good lives. In addition, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate Corporation, employees and agency owners gave $34 million to support local nonprofits during the year, bringing Allstate’s donation total to nearly $300 million over the past decade.
“Corporate responsibility is embedded in our company’s culture, and we’re always looking for opportunities to be a force for good,” said Vicky Dinges, senior vice president, corporate responsibility, Allstate. “It’s incredible to see what can be accomplished when Allstaters come together to win the trust and respect of our customers and to make a difference in the communities where we work and live.”
The company’s 13th annual corporate responsibility report focuses on Allstate’s accomplishments in three key areas: responsible business practices, environmental stewardship and social impact.
Highlights in this year’s report include:
- Launched new Diversity Emerging Managers program with investment firms:Partnered with Grosvenor Capital Management to identify and invest in the next generation of top-performing women and minority investment managers from a number of highly qualified women- and minority-owned firms. Invested $50 million in these firms in 2014, with another $50 million to be invested in 2015.
- Added sustainability requirements for key suppliers: Incorporated sustainability criteria into key supplier contracts and relevant supplier scorecards in 2014.
- Named a World’s Most Ethical Company: Recently recognized by Ethisphere Institute as a 2015 World's Most Ethical Company®.
- Named a top company for diversity: For the fourth year in a row, recognized by Diversity Inc on its Top 50 Companies for Diversity list.
Sustainability / Environmental Stewardship
- Released statement on climate risk: New “Approach to Managing Climate Risk” statement defines Allstate’s approach to one of society’s most pressing global challenges.
- Achieved long-term energy reduction goal: Reduced energy use in company-owned facilities by 20 percent – six years ahead of schedule.
- Named to CDP S&P 500 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for fifth straight year: Maintained Allstate’s leadership in the insurance/financial industry in providing comprehensive information about the measurement and management of its carbon footprint, its climate change strategy and risk management processes and outcomes.
- Surpassed long-term goal to empower domestic violence survivors: Exceeded long-term goal to provide financial empowerment to 500,000 domestic violence survivors by 2015, with actual reach now exceeding 580,000 survivors.
- Nearly reached long-term goal to reduce teen driving fatalities by 50 percent:Education and awareness programs have helped more than 1.5 million teens stay safe behind the wheel, decreasing teen driving deaths by 48 percent since 2005 and nearly achieving long-term goal to help reduce teen fatalities by 50 percent by 2015.
- Strengthened commitment to youth empowerment: Launched a new partnership with Free The Children to engage youth as problem solvers, help them find solutions for key societal issues and provide them with the tools to become the next generation of leaders.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer, protecting approximately 16 million households from life’s uncertainties through auto, home, life and other insurance offered through its Allstate, Esurance, Encompass andAnswer Financial brand names. Allstate is widely known through the slogan “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®.” The Allstate brand’s network of small businesses offers auto, home, life and retirement products and services to customers in the United States and Canada. In the 20 years since Allstate became a fully independent public company, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate, its employees and agency owners have donated more than $405 million to support local communities.
Media Contact: Dan Waters, email@example.com, (847) 402-8696