Stories Below come from our Media Partner 3BL Media - Click their logo or any of the stories for more information
May 2, 2017 5:57 AM Age: 22 days
Rutgers Offering CSR Certificate Program (Corporate Social Responsibility) this SpringCategory: AC RSS, CG News, Training/Seminars, AC GAI Billboard, ESG Highlights
Source: Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership and Governance & Accountability Inst.
Featuring Industry Thought-Leaders and Trend Makers Lead by Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership and Governance & Accountability Institute
Newark, NJ, - Leaders in the corporate sector have been rapidly adopting strategies, developing comprehensive programs, and engaging with stakeholders in activities that are often titled, "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)," "Corporate Sustainability," and "Corporate Citizenship." As a result, there are numerous positions opening up for managers in these areas (both as new hires and through internal promotions).
Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership and Governance & Accountability Institute are partnering to offer the Spring 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility ("CSR") Certificate Program. This course is designed for professional who are preparing for a career in the field, with unique opportunity to learn from thought leaders,leading practitioners, and experts from international corporations such as PepsiCo, Johnson & Johnson, Prudential Financial, United Nations Global Compact at PRI, and more. The two-day sessions will be held on May 16 and 17at the campus of the Rutgers Business Schoolin downtown Newark, NJ.
The field can often be an "Alphabet Soup" of terms and the program willfamiliarize attendees with important industry terms and concepts. The May program will feature two days of valuable knowledge-sharing through workshops, panels, and discussions. Topics include:
• "Reporting Corporate Sustainability;”
• "Introduction to Materiality Assessment;"
• "UNGC and UN PRI: the UN Global Compact and the UN Principles for Responsible Investment;"
• "CSR - Through the Investor Lens;"
• "Sustainable Accounting Standards Board - ESG Disclosure;"
• "The Importance of Supply Chain Engagement";
• "CSR as a Career;"
• "The Value of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR);"
• "Principles of Ethical Leadership."
The two-day, "deep dive" into CSR and related fields is designed for those interested in, or already working in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and related fields such as philanthropy including corporate foundation work; corporate sustainability;risk management; public affairs; public relations; environmental/health and safety; and, ethics.
“Executives in both for-profit and not-for-profit fields and their teams need to develop the background knowledge, skill sets,networks, and ever-increasing best practicesexpertise to achieve their CSR goals, and deliver value to their employer,” says Louis Coppola. Coppola and Hank Boerner, founding partners of G&A Institute, who were honored as being "Top Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business." The two have been integral in leading the program’s curriculum design and shaping workshop discussions lead by their network of experts.
Confirmed faculty and guest presenters include real world thought leaders:
• Janis Herzig, Senior Manager, Global Public Policy and Government Affairs, PepsiCo, Inc.;
• Jonathan Pearson, Executive Director, and Director of CSR, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey; leader of the Horizon Foundation;
• Theresa Ragozoni, Vice President, Global Procurement, Johnson & Johnson;
• Mary O’Malley, Vice President of Corporate Governance, Prudential Financial, Inc;
• John Wilson, Head of Governance, Engagement, and Research, Cornerstone Capital, Inc.;
• Danielle Chesebrough, Senior Manager of Investor Relations with United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) at PRI;
• Peter Hansen, Senior Adviser, New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) and Principal, Hansen Philanthropic Solutions;
• Cindy Bush, Head of Sustainability, Tessy Plastics;
• Julia Silberman, Sector Leader, Disclosure Services, CDP (formerly, Carbon Disclosure Project);
• Toby Simpson, Program Manager, EcoVadis;
• Erik Kane, Sector Analyst, Healthcare, at Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB);
• JeanaWirtenberg, Rutgers Business School;
• Louis D. Coppola, Executive Vice President, Governance & Accountability Institute;
• Hank Boerner, Chairman & Chief Strategist, G&A Institute;
• James Abruzzo, Co-Founder, Co-Director, Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership; and,Managing Director, Nonprofit Practice, DHR International;
• Judy Young, Executive Director, Institute for Ethical Leadership.
The two-day course will be held at newly remodeled 15 Washington Street, in Newark, NJ, easily reached by train from Newark's Penn Station (with frequent service from New York City and Philadelphia). The business school urban campus is convenient to Newark International Airport, and numerous nearby hotels. Participants will have Wi-Fi access. Refreshments and food will be supplied throughout the course, including a special dinner networking event on the first night of the program with guest speaker John Wilson of Cornerstone Capital.
To register for thecourse orfor more information, please visit:
# # #
About Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership
The Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership works with the business sector, the public sector, not-for-profits and other organizations in the social sector, and within Rutgers University, to provide leaders and future leaders with education and training, and critical thinking tools, needed to make ethical decisions.
Program offerings include Ethical Leadership Conferences; Cultural and Ethnic Arts Executive Leadership; Collaborative Action Newark; Speakers Series; and certificate programs in a number of areas, including most recently, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The Institute's mission is to strengthen ethical leadership to enhance civil society. Judith Young, MBA, is the Executive Director of the Institute.
About Governance & Accountability Institute, Inc.
Governance & Accountability Institute is a New York City-based consulting, research and educational services company working with corporate sector and investment community clients. Typical engagements include development of corporate strategy; preparation of sustainability, CSR and citizenship reports; peer benchmarking; customized ESG research (environmental, social and governance performance); investor relations; corporate communications; and third party engagements. The company is the exclusive Data Partner for the Global Reporting Initiative (GI) for the U.S.A., U.K. and the Republic of Ireland.
For More Information
Governance & Accountability Institute, Inc.
Louis D. Coppola, MBA, Executive Vice President
Rutgers Institute for Ethical Leadership
Vicki Fernandez, Programs Manager
332 times viewed
|HOME | ABOUT THE SITE | REGISTRATION INFORMATION | VOICES: FEATURED COMMENTATORS AND BLOGGERS | SPECIAL SECTIONS|